Operations Coordinator (Ships Agency / Sales)
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our team as Operations Coordinator on a Full Time Basis, based at our Aberdeen depot.
The primary focus of the successful candidate will be to:
- Provide a timely and Customer focused vessel agency port service.
- Be responsible for the safe arrival & turnaround of vessels, dealing with the relevant port authorities, arranging pilotage and berthing requirements.
- Arrange requests of the ship’s captain & crew in the way of direct requests, hotel stays, assisting in replenishing ships stores or other requirements.
- Be responsible for manifesting cargo, processing Customs entries and managing releases and any shipping documentation.
- Coordinate and Respond to all incoming requests for quotations regarding Ships Agency services and general Stevedoring requirements
- Understand the requirements of the various port authorities, HM Border Force, HM Revenue and customs relating to the port calls of client’s vessels.
- Understand the port costs in all of the local ports, and be able to create pro forma disbursements
- Provide competitive and accurate quotations for customers in a timely manner
- Ensure all associated documentation is handled with the highest level of diligence and accuracy
- Create, maintain and issue invoices in an efficient and timely manner post service delivery
- Proactively contribute to Ships Agency and other sales to grow the customer database and deliver increased sales and Company margin
- Establish and maintain good relationships with, Vessel Masters, Port Authorities and Customers alike to ensure continued business delivery and satisfaction
- Always conduct business Professionally, Courteously and with Integrity.
Competitive salary and benefits package available.
Closing date: applications to be received by 5pm on Friday 28th February 2020
Gemma Summers, HR Advisor on 01224 211506 or email CV to email@example.com
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we need to inform you about our recruitment privacy statement. Please read our recruitment privacy statement before submitting your application. If you do not wish us to process your data please let us know. If you wish for us to continue processing your data you do not need to do anything.
To view the policy please click here.